The Issue: Gun Violence
That murder rates in major U.S. cities are on the decline is popular knowledge. New York City is often held up as the example: in 1990, NYC had more than two thousand homicides, by 2014 that number was down to just over 300. It’s a common trend of many cities, including Philadelphia, Los Angeles, and Dallas, among others. Even cities with especially high murder rates have seen a relative decline: New Orleans ranks 9 on this year’s list, down from 4 last year, and St. Louis improved from 10 to 12.
Guns do kill people far easier than knives and fists, but those guns still need someone to pull the trigger, and there are a myriad of socio-economic and political reasons that inform one’s use of a firearm. Highly populated areas accounted for the vast majority of gang homicides: nearly 67 percent occurred in cities with populations over 100,000, and 17 percent occurred in suburban counties in 2012.
The number of gang-related homicides increased by 28 percent from 2011 to 2012 in cities with populations over 100,000. In Chicago and Los Angeles, about half of all homicides are gang-related; these two cities alone accounted for approximately one in four gang homicides recorded from 2011 to 2012.
The Problem: Gun Violence
The Suspects: Gangs, Political. Religion, Mental Health, Anti-social factors
The Victims: Innocent citizens, gang members, victims in gun free zones
- The LEFT, with no regard for the Bill of Rights demands various levels of gun control
- The Constitution Right demands strict interpretation of the Constitution and Bill of Rights
There is limited area for agreement, as the Constitution and Bill of Rights are more like an on or off switch with little middle ground. The left wants to install a "rheostat" where rights can be regulated up and down as needed.
The Emotional Left
Statists and Leftists that demand gun control occupy an interesting lose-lose situation.
The emotional demeanor of advocates routinely undermine their credibility. Gun control advocates attempt to persuade society by appealing to the society's emotions by dramatizing the victims ignoring the criminal behavior and personal responsibility of the criminal and the criminal behaviors and acts. (pathos)
Gun control advocates never persuade by the use of reasoning. When they use facts, they are distorted and from unreliable sourcing. Neither Obama, nor Emanuel brag about the programs used to reduce the killing grounds in Chicago.
The Constitutional position occupy a win-lose situation.
- The Open Border and uncontrolled migration from the South directly affects the amount of violence in our cities through importation of illegal drugs, repeat violent offenders, and gang wars.
- Law enforcement data indicates that more than three out of every five gang members are adults. Law enforcement agencies report 46 percent Hispanic/Latino gang members, 35 percent African-American/black gang members, more than 11 percent white gang members, and 7 percent other race/ethnicity of gang members. Under and non-reported, religion has had a growing impact. Christians and Jews are targeted in Kansas, Oregon, and many other states.
- The problems associated with the Open Border and Sanctuary Cities are ignored by government and media.
If the Federal, State, and Local governments were to close the border to control who and what comes in, eliminate the gangs and the opiate and meth trades, deport non-citizen violent crime offenders after they serve their full sentence, and standardize and nationalize the CCW laws to allow and facilitate background checks on citizens interested in personal protection, Gun Control Laws would not be needed. Violent criminals need to be treated like what they are, sociopaths who have lost their right to be in public.
Federal, state, and local governments will now fight to lower the legal aspects to obtain Hippa and HIPAA Privacy Rule information regarding mental and social health history.